- September 2020
- ISBN Print
- ISBN eBook
Collaborative Creativity Idea Book for Educators
Activities, Tactics and Strategies for Building a Collaborative Culture of Creativity
Robert Kelly, Stephanie Bartlett, Keith Christensen, Erin Quinn, Carla-Jayne Samuelson
Unlock the creative power of collaborative teams
Imagine telling your group their next task will be building a life-size model of a humpback whale in the foyer. Would they gaze at you with blank stares, or would their eyes light up as they turn to each other to get busy?
Written by a team of five educators, the Collaborative Creativity Idea Book is designed to grow a culture of collaborative creativity in educational and professional environments. This idea book helps educators venture out from Robert Kelly’s seminal Collaborative Creativity: Educating for Creative Development, Innovation and Entrepreneurship to discover a wealth of practical learning activities educators can start using today.
The Collaborative Creativity Idea Book goes beyond team-building exercises and icebreakers to walk you through five stages to establish a culture of collaborative creativity:
- Getting to Know Each Other: build trust and identify strengths among individuals when they first form a group
- Learning to Listen: enhance group interactivity through the development of deep and active listening, allowing ideas to multiply
- The Design Process: prepare as a group to tackle larger-scale initiatives that move into real-world contexts
- Growing the Collaborative Culture of Creativity: establish sophisticated group norms to take on creative-design initiatives of greater complexity
- Collaborative Creativity for Real-World Audiences: tap into the creative power of the group to engage in real-world problems for real-world audiences
Whether as a support for the Collaborative Creativity textbook or as a standalone resource, the Collaborative Creativity Idea Book for Educators empowers groups to exponentially increase their creative potential to accomplish amazing results.