- July 2022
- Trade paperback (US)
- ISBN Print
- ISBN eBook
Education Law for Teachers and School Administrators
Understand the most common legal issues that confront K–12 teachers and administrators in Canada
In the second edition of Education Law for Teachers and School Administrators, Jerome G. Delaney provides educators with a comprehensive overview of their legal rights and of the legal issues they may face in their day-to-day jobs. Delaney tackles thorny questions and offers practical answers that help practicing teachers identify classroom situations with potential legal ramifications and proactively manage them, protecting both themselves and their students.
The second edition is updated with chapters on copyright, teacher misconduct, and general education law concerns in Canada, and includes new discussion questions throughout the book.
- The implications of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms for educators,
- The role provincial education acts across Canada, and how they differ among the provinces,
- How teacher collective agreements handle hours of instruction, extracurricular activities, teacher discipline, and grievance processes,
- How to navigate issues of teacher liability and negligence in reasonable and respectful ways,
- The impact of workplace safety legislation on schools